World Cup 2014 in Brazil
to the World Cup 2014
»Rio de Janeiro
Host cities - Statistics comparison
The table below compares the host cities of the World Cup Brazil.
1) Population in year 2011; source: Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE).
2) Total Product, in R$ 1,000; year 2009; source: IBGE.
3) Income per capita, in R$ 1, year 2009; source: IBGE.
4) Violence: rate of homicide = number of homicides by 100,000 inhabitants, in the year 2010; source: Map of the Violence, page 30.
5) Approximate maximum and minimum temperatures (in ºC and ºF) and pluviosity levels (in mm) for the months of June and July.
Source: Brazilian Institute of Meteorology; click on the link "Graficos Meteorologicos"; select parameters (maximum of 4 parameters) to generate graphs; a graph of Max and Min Temperatures, for the period 1961 to 1990, for the city of Rio de Janeiro, will look like the image below: